Sunday, June 26, 2011

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner for 10!

So I didn't reach my goal of staying under $100.00 to feed 10 people for an entire week breakfast, lunch, dinner, and beverages.  As I was shopping, I observed the large quantity of food that was going into my cart and quickly realized my goal might not be feasible.  When I got home from shopping, I told my husband that we need to stick with the plan of 2.5 children, because feeding a family of 10 is tough!  So, here is my grocery list with a grand total of............

$141.44 for food groceries for 10 people for an entire week!


There was more, but I couldn't fit it all on the table

Costco:
12 giant bagels
12 giant muffins (blueberry and chocolate)
5 lbs of red grapes
3 dozen eggs
Tortilla Chips
7 lbs of ground beef

Garden Fresh:
3 lbs of chicken breast
3 lbs organic bosc pears
1 lb sliced cajun turkey breast
1 lb maple honey ham
Apple Juice
4 avocados
1 lb loraine swiss
1 loaf of polish rye bread

Caputos:
5.5 lbs Fresh Bratwurst
1.2 lbs Fresh Italian Sausage
2 bottles Western Dressing
1 box Jiffy Corn Mix
2 16 oz Dutch Farms Sour Cream
2 28 oz diced tomatoes
4 Brook's Chili Hot Beans
2 Pillsbury grand biscuits
1 Can Cream-style Corn
1 pckg shredded mozzarella
2 pckgs shredded Mexican cheese
3 lbs bananas
Brick of Romano Cheese
3 limes
4 Orange Peppers
1 head of garlic
3 bunches of fresh romaine
2 heads of lettuce
10 plum tomatoes
1 bunch of cilantro
5 large eggplants
2 red onions
3lbs yellow onions
3 pckgs hot dog buns
1 seedless watermelon
8 2lt bottles of soda

Total = $141.44

Menu for the Week:

Breakfast:
Eggs
Muffins
Bagels
Sausage
Biscuits
Fruit

Lunch:
Sandwiches
Pizza Bagels
Leftovers

Dinner:
Taco Salad
Grilled Bratwurst with chips
Stuffed Eggplant with side salad
Chili with Cornbread
Avocado/Pear Salad with Grilled Chicken and Feta

Thanks again for reading.  Beginning again on Wednesday July 6th, we should be back to the normal schedule of planning for only 1 family! :-)

1 comment:

  1. come on, i wanna see pictures of ALL of the groceries.

    ReplyDelete