Thursday, August 9, 2012

Long time no post....

I would first like to apologize for my prolonged blogging absence.  Life had gotten to be quite hectic and although I continued to shop for about $50 per week, I struggled to find time to write about my shopping trips. 

Just recently, God has blessed us with a new bundle of joy which means in next few months I will not only continue to shop for full family meals, but I will also be making my own baby food for the fourth member of the family.  The challenge is to continue to stay around $50 for groceries each week.

Plan for the Week 08/09/12-08/15/12
Total Spent on Food Groceries this Week $45.78
Sale prices from ads are guaranteed through Tuesday, August 14th, 2012
I have selected Caputo's and Aldi for this week's shopping trip based on sale/ad prices posted.
Total Spent at Caputo's - $37.04
4 lbs boneless chicken breast
2 loaves 3ft french bread
1 pckg bacon
1 pckg cream cheese
1/2 lb Lorraine Swiss
1/2 lb Boar's Head Chicken Breast
1/2 lb Corned Beef
1 pckg shredded mozzarella
1 BBQ sauce
1 can Turkey Chili
28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 package pasta
5 white potatoes
parsley
4 bananas
4 onions
6 ears sweet corn
16 in. pizza crust

Total Spent at Aldi - $8.74
1 cantaloupe
3 lbs. Navel Oranges
1 Watermelon
1 box of honey nut oats cereal
2 cans cream corn

Please note that Aldi has come a long way since I was a child and my opinion of this store has completely changed since they have re-vamped. They now carry fresh produce which is sometimes even locally grown and the price on basic baking necessities is usually unbeatable!

Combined Total = $45.78

Our Meals this week are as follows:
Entrees  

Snacks
Dessert
Please click on the meal to view the recipe or see the "recipe links" to the left
Please post comments/questions below or e-mail me @ erin.latawiec@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment